Welcome to Unit 3 AP Euro Multiple Choice Questions
! Grab some paper and a pencil 📄 to record your answers as you go. You can see how you did on the Unit 3 Practice Questions Answers and Review
sheet once you're done. Don't worry, we have tons of resources available if you get stumped 😕 on a question. And if solo study is not your thing, join a group in Hours
Not ready to take a quiz yet? Take a look at the Intro to Unit 3
Image courtesy of Pixabay
Facts about the test
: The AP Euro exam has 55 multiple choice questions and you will be given 55 minutes to complete the section. That means it should take you around 1 minute per question
The following questions were not written by College Board and, although they cover information outlined in the AP Euro Course and Exam Description, the formatting on the exam may be different.
1. Cardinal Richelieu sided with protestant forces during the 30 Years War in order to weaken which royal family
2. Louis XIV was heavily influenced by the civil war that he witnessed as a child. The name of this civil war is:
A. The Paris Commune
B. The Fronde
C. The French Wars of Religion
D. The War of the Roses
3. The theory of Divine Right says that the king is given power to rule by:
B. The People
C. The Nobility
4. Which of the following is true about the Palace of Versailles:
A. Louis XIV built the palace as a way to better control the nobility by keeping them close and caught up in the daily rituals and festivities of palace life.
B. Louis XIV built the palace to escape the pestering nobility and to engage in a more private life with his family.
C. The palace was never actually finished and instead only served as a meeting place for foreign dignitaries.
D. The palace became the new capital of France and eventually the entire city of Paris was moved to the town of Versailles.
5. What would be an example of Mercantilist policy?
A. Giving colonies freedom and control over who they buy and sell goods from.
B. Putting low tariffs on imported goods.
C. Only getting raw materials produced by your colonies and not buying them from other countries.
D. Discouraging internal trade and production
6. Peter the Great sought to change Russian culture and society in which of the following ways:
A. Isolate Russia by cutting off diplomatic ties with western Europe.
B. Westernize Russia by adopting western European customs and practices.
C. Spread Russian culture to western Europe.
D. Adopt Asian, specifically Chinese, customs and practices.
7. Where did Peter the Great establish his warm water port?
A. On the Black Sea
B. On the Baltic Sea
C. On the Mediterranean Sea
D. On the Atlantic Ocean
8. Peter the Great attempted to control the Boyars by establishing the:
A. The Russian League
B. Napoleonic Code
C. The Society of Princes
D. Table of Ranks
9. Peter the Great moved the capital of Russia to:
A. St. Petersburg
10. What medieval document effectively denied any English monarch from ruling as an absolute king?
A. The Elizabethan Compromise
B. The English Constitution
C. Magna Carta
D. The Star Chamber
11. What royal family replaced the Tudors following the death of Elizabeth I?
A. The Bourbons
B. The Stuarts
C. The Valois
D. The Habsburgs
12. The English Civil War was a conflict between what two groups?
A. England and Scotland
B. The nobility and the Monarchy
C. Catholics and Protestants
D. Parliament and the Monarchy
13. The English Parliament orchestrated the Glorious Revolution in which they invited William and Mary to take the English throne if they signed what document?
A. The English Bill of Rights
B. The Magna Carta
C. The Treaty of Versailles
D. The Act of Supremacy
14. This Battle ultimately ended the westward expansion of the Ottoman Empire.
A. The Battle of Rome
B. The Battle of White Mountain
C. The Battle of Vienna
D. The Battle of Waterloo
15. This country experienced a golden age in the 17th century resulting from superior economic policies and ideal geographical location.
B. The Netherlands