Welcome to Unit 5 AP Euro Multiple Choice Questions
! Grab some paper and a pencil 📄 to record your answers as you go. You can see how you did on the Unit 5 Practice Questions Answers and Review
sheet once you're done. Don't worry, we have tons of resources available if you get stumped 😕 on a question. And if solo study is not your thing, join a group in Hours
Not ready to take a quiz yet? Take a look at the Intro to Unit 5
Image courtesy of Pixabay
Facts about the test
: The AP Euro exam has 55 multiple choice questions and you will be given 55 minutes to complete the section. That means it should take you around 1 minute per question
The following questions were not written by College Board and, although they cover information outlined in the AP Euro Course and Exam Description, the formatting on the exam may be different.
1. Which of the following 18th century wars was fought in Europe, the Americas, and in Asia?
A. Seven Years War
B. War of Austrian Succession
C. French Revolution
D. Crimean War
2. Which of the following people would not have supported the French Revolution?
A. The Marquis de Lafayette
C. Frederick the Great
D. John Locke
3. Which person would NOT have been part of the 3rd Estate in France?
A. A Peasant
B. A Catholic Priest
C. A shoemaker
D. A Merchant
4. Which of the following was not a cause of the French Revolution?
A. The French Estates System
B. The unpopularity of the monarchy
C. The growing economic problems due to constant warfare and ineffective management.
D. The oppression of the Catholic Church on the citizens of France.
5. What was the name of the meeting called in the spring of 1789?
A. The Constitutional Convention
B. The National Assembly
C. The Bastille
D. The Estates General
6. What did the National Assembly proclaim with the Tennis Court Oath?
A. They would spread revolutionary ideas to other countries.
B. They would storm the Bastille with the people of Paris
C. They would not disband until they had a constitution
D. They would not disband until they had overthrown the monarchy
7. Which event is considered the start of the Revolution and is also France’s independence day?
A. The calling of the Estates General
B. The storming of the Bastille
C. The Tennis Court Oath
D. The Night of August 4
8. Which political club became the most radical during the Revolution and ousted political rivals?
A. The Federalists
B. The Bourbons
C. The Girodins
D. The Jacobins
9. Who led the Committee of Public Safety and became the de facto leader of France during the Reign of Terror?
10. The Thermidorian Reaction refers to:
A. The appointment of Napoleon as emperor
B. The ousting of Robespierre and his allies
C. The removal of Louis XVI
D. The execution of Danton
11. Napoleon became a household name in France after what campaign?
A. The German Campaign
B. The Italian Campaign
C. The Egyptian Campaign
D. The French Campaign
12. Which of the following was not a reform made by Napoleon?
A. Affirmed property rights and equality before the law
B. Codified the French Laws
C. Disbanded the Catholic Church
D. Modernized the French Education system
13. Which country or region was never successfully conquered by Napoleon?
C. German States
14. What was the system that Napoleon used to attempt to economically weaken Great Britain?
A. Continental System
B. The Brigade System
C. The Anaconda Plan
D. The Island System
15. Which of the following was a major goal of the Congress of Vienna?
A. Restore balance of power
B. Put monarchs back on the throne
C. Weaken France by surrounding them with stronger countries
D. All of the above