Welcome to Unit 8 AP Euro Multiple Choice Questions
! Grab some paper and a pencil 📄 to record your answers as you go. You can see how you did on the Unit 8 Practice Questions Answers and Review
sheet once you're done. Don't worry, we have tons of resources available if you get stumped 😕 on a question. And if solo study is not your thing, join a group in Hours
Not ready to take a quiz yet? Take a look at the Intro to Unit 8
Image courtesy of Pixabay
Facts about the test
: The AP Euro exam has 55 multiple choice questions and you will be given 55 minutes to complete the section. That means it should take you around 1 minute per question
The following questions were not written by College Board and, although they cover information outlined in the AP Euro Course and Exam Description, the formatting on the exam may be different.
1. Which of the following is not a cause of World War I?
A. British aggression in the Balkan states
B. The German “blank check.”
C. Austrian aggression in the Balkan states
D. The assassination of Arch Duke Franz Ferdinand
2. Which of the following was not a cause of World War I?
3. Which country was not part of the Triple Alliance?
4. Which countries were original members of the Triple Entente?
B. The United States
5. What was the name of Germany’s eventual failed plan to fight a two front war?
A. The Blank Check
B. The Berlin Plan
C. The Dual Front Plan
D. The Schlieffen Plan
6. The Treaty of Versailles did all of the following except….
A. Forced Germany to accept total responsibility for the war
B. Divided up Germany into two separate territories
C. Places the majority of the war debt on Germany
D. Completely demilitarized Germany
7. This organization was created after WWI with the intent of having all members work together to avoid another major conflict.
A. The Quadruple Alliance
B. The United Nations
C. The Treaty of Versailles
D. The League of Nations
8. The Soviet Union government was established by what radical Marxist party?
B. The Labor Party
9. This country experienced hyperinflation caused by the massive war debt, Great Depression, and the government’s lack of economic mastery.
A. Soviet Union
10. Hitler and Mussolini both represented this new far right political system.
11. Adolf Hitler used this event to further spur fears about communists in Germany.
A. The Reichstag Fire
C. The Beer Hall Putsch
D. Night of the Long Knives
12. At the Munich Conference, European powers chose this idea in response to German aggression.
13. This operation started the movement to liberate France and was the largest invasion of Europe in history.
A. Operation Barbarossa
B. The Battle of the Bulge
D. Dunkirk Operation
14. Following the end of World War II, this country was divided up into two separate states, a western democratic half and an eastern communist half.
15. This was the set of trials conduct after World War II to address the war crimes committed by the Nazi Party specifically related to the Holocaust.
A. The United Nations
B. The Potsdam Trials
C. The Berlin Conference
D. The Nuremberg Trials