1. Two objects are released off of a building from the same height. Object A is dropped and hits the ground in time t. Object B is thrown upward with a velocity of v0 and hits the ground in a time 3t. Assume air resistance is negligible, write an expression for v0.
2. The speed of a toy car moving on a straight track is given by the following equation: v = 0.5(t^2) + 4t. In this equation, velocity is in centimeters per second and time is in seconds. What is the acceleration of the toy car at t = 5 seconds?
3. An object’s velocity is described by the function v = 2kt m/s, where t is in seconds and k is a constant. The object’s position is x = 58m when t = 4s. At t = 0s, the object is at x = 10m. What is the value of k?
4. A cannonball is shot vertically upward with a positive initial velocity. At the max height of the cannonball, which of the following statements are true? Air resistance is negligible.
5. A Tesla Model S accelerates from 0 mph to 60 mph in 2.4 seconds. Assuming a constant acceleration, how far long does it take for a Tesla to reach 100 mph?
6. A paddle boat driver is trying to go east across a river to get directly to the other side. The paddle boat driver can travel at a max speed of 5 m/s, and the river flows at a rate of 2m/s north to south. At what angle should the paddle boat point in order to land directly across the river?
7. A physics student rolls a ball horizontally from a second floor classroom window that is 20 meters off of the ground. What is an appropriate expression for the range of the ball?
8. A helicopter drops a relief package as it moves with a constant horizontal velocity v. Assuming there is no air resistance, where is the package relative to the helicopter when it hits the ground?
9. The x- and y- coordinates of a particle in motion, as a function of time, are given:
x = t^2 - t + 1 and y = t^3 -2(t^2) - 3.
What is the magnitude of the particle's velocity at 2 seconds?
10. A daredevil is launched with an initial velocity of 8 meters per second from the ground level at an angle of 37° above the horizontal. What are the horizontal and vertical components of the daredevil’s velocity as it is launched? Assume no air resistance.
11. A ball is launched with an initial velocity of 4 m/s off of a 100 meter tall building at an angle of 53° above the horizontal. What are the horizontal and vertical components of the ball's velocity at its maximum height? Assume no air resistance.
12. The x and y components of an object's acceleration are given in the functions below:
ax = -2t + 6 and ay = 4t
Assuming that the object's initial velocity was zero, find the magnitude of the object's velocity at t = 2 seconds.
13. A car accelerates in a straight line modeled by the function a = -8t. At time t = 0 m/s, the car’s velocity is 20 m/s in the positive direction. At what time is the car’s instantaneous velocity equal to zero?
14. A physics student rolls a ball off of a 30m building in the direction of the target that lies flat on the ground. If the target is 16 m from the side of the building, and air resistance is negligible, with what horizontal speed must the ball leave the top of the building if it is to land on the target?
15. Assuming no air resistance, an object dropped on Earth experiences a constant acceleration of about -9.8m/s^2. Which of the following statements are true?
What can we help you do now?