Welcome to Unit 7 AP Euro Multiple Choice Questions
! Grab some paper and a pencil 📄 to record your answers as you go. You can see how you did on the Unit 7 Practice Questions Answers and Review
sheet once you're done. Don't worry, we have tons of resources available if you get stumped 😕 on a question. And if solo study is not your thing, join a group in Hours
Not ready to take a quiz yet? Take a look at the Intro to Unit 7
Image courtesy of Pixabay
Facts about the test
: The AP Euro exam has 55 multiple choice questions and you will be given 55 minutes to complete the section. That means it should take you around 1 minute per question
The following questions were not written by College Board and, although they cover information outlined in the AP Euro Course and Exam Description, the formatting on the exam may be different.
1. Which of these -isms did NOT gain traction in nineteenth century Europe?
2. The Zionist movement was created in part because of what historical event?
A. Dreyfus affair
B. Stavisky affair
C. Hep-Hep riots
D. Revolutions of 1848
3. Which country was NOT a member of the Triple Alliance in World War I?
A. Russian Empire
4. In Otto von Bismarck’s practice of Realpolitik, what were his political decisions were influenced by?
A. the needs of God
B. the needs of the state
C. the needs of the general populace
D. the needs of the upper class
5. What type of government did Victor Emmanuel II and Count Camillo di Cavour implement after Italian unification?
A. constitutional monarchy
B. absolute monarchy
C. military dictatorship
6. Rudyard Kipling used his writing to support what social ideology?
D. white man's burden
7. Which pair of countries controlled the most land in Africa in the early twentieth century?
A. All countries in Africa were independent by then
B. Great Britain and Belgium
C. Great Britain and France
D. France and Spain
8. Why would a Social Darwinist believe that Africans were inferior to people of European descent?
A. Because most Social Darwinists were American slaveholders
B. Because they were evolutionarily inferior according to Darwin's law of natural selection
C. Because they did not traditionally practice Christianity
D. Because Social Darwinists agreed with the British Empire's imperialist efforts
9. Which of the following countries did NOT experience a revolution in 1848?
A. Russian Empire
10. What was the primary goal of Otto von Bismarck's program of Kulturkampf?
A. To increase German nationalism
B. To suppress the Catholic Church's influence in Germany
C. To limit the growing popularity of socialism
D. To encourage German expansion into Africa and Asia
11. What was Napoleon III's primary accomplishment as emperor of France?
A. Conquering Corsica and bringing it under French control
B. Modernizing France's economy and infrastructure
C. Signing the Napoleonic Code
D. Abolishing the French monarchy
12. Which reform did Alexander II NOT institute during his rule in Russia?
A. Modernizing the military
B. Giving everyone the right to buy and sell property
C. Giving Russian Jews complete rights
D. Abolishing serfdom
13. What was the primary goal of the artistic movements Naturalism and Realism?
A. To convince people that the Industrial Revolution was harmful
B. To show the beauty of nature
C. To remove the illusions of a perfect life
14. Which of these is NOT an art movement from the period?
D. Pop art
15. Which of these events was NOT a response to European imperialism?
A. Boxer Rebellion
B. Meiji Restoration
C. October Revolution
D. Sepoy Mutiny